Goodwill of the Olympics and Rainier Region
714 S 27th Street, Tacoma, WA, 98409
Distance: 2214 Miles
Contact Hours: Register Online Orientation: 18th, 23rd, 1pm Class: May 8th - June 21st.
Travel Information: Office is located between Yakima and Tacoma Avenue South. Three Pierce Transit lines serve the area: 3, 26, 45. Location serves as the Tacoma job training center and Goodwill's regional corporate offices.
Provides applicants with a free, six week course that offers multiple certifications and training for entry-level positions with the ability to grow a career.
Courses offered include:
- confined space entry,
- florescent bulb,
- mold abatement,
- OSHA 10, and
- rigging, fork lift, and flagging.
- Accessible for disabled
- Wheelchair accessible
- Age 18 years or older
- Tacoma/Pierce County resident
- Valid Driver's License
- Reliable transportation
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Pass a required drug screening test
- Perform at acceptable level on a basic math/reading assessment (CASAS Test)
- Nor felonies more recent than 7 years.
Register online for the orientation.
Orientation dates are April 2nd, 18th and 23rd at 1pm at Goodwill.
Course is May 8th - June 21st, M-F, 8am-4:30pm at Clover Park Technical College.
See website for class fees. Many individuals qualify to have these fees covered by an outside agency.
15 counties in southwestern Washington: Clallam, Jefferson, Grays Harbor, Mason, Thurston, Pierce, Pacific, Lewis, Whakiakum, Cowlitz, Klickitat, Yakima, Kittitas, Skamania and South King County.
Nearly all of the Olympic Peninsula, south to Longview, east to Yakima and Ellensburg, also parts of South King County.
|Toll Free||(800) 584-7980|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
- Barista Skills Training Program
- Career Readiness Education and Development
- Center for Strong Families
- Culinary Skills Program
- Disability Services - Group Supported Employment
- Disability Services - Individual Supported Employment
- Disability Services - Ticket to Work
- Goodwill Retail Stores
- MATH Center
- Senior Community Service Employment Program - SCSEP
- Skillsoft E-Learning
- Tacoma Advanced Manufacturing & Warehouse
- Tacoma Computer and Office Skills Course
- Tacoma Financial Education - Key to Change
- Tacoma GED Assistance
- Tacoma Job Resource Room
- Veteran Services/Operation GoodJobs
- VITA - Free Tax Preparation
- Vocational Evaluation
- Youth GED Assistance
- YouthBuild - Tacoma
The following services may be helpful:
Short-Term Certificate, 1101 S Yakima Ave, Tacoma, WA, 98405
YouthBuild - Tacoma, 714 S 27th Street, Tacoma, WA, 98409
Re-Entry Training Program, 2550 Yakima Ave S, Tacoma Urban League (TUL), Tacoma, WA, 98405
(253) 754-4227 E-mail