King County 2-1-1
Screening for Legal Assistance
Call for location
Contact Hours: M-F, 8am-6pm.
Designated screening and entry point in to agencies providing civil legal assistance in King County.
Each legal provider focuses on specific types of cases and 2-1-1 has been provided with that information in order to determine the most appropriate referrals for each caller.
Provides callers with referral information or refers cases to agencies that will contact the caller directly.
Legal issues include:
- Housing—eviction and tenant/landlord concerns, mortgage foreclosure
- Employment—discrimination, employment disputes, L&I-workers compensation, unemployment benefits
- Immigration—work authorization, naturalization, deportation, citizenship, trafficking
- Family Issues—child custody and/or support, divorce, domestic violence, protection orders, guardianship
- Consumer and Business—bankruptcy, debt collection, merchant or purchase dispute, payday loans, consumer scams
- Public Benefits—denial or problems with SSI, Medicare, Medicaid, TANF, Disability Lifeline or other state or federal benefit programs
- Civil Rights—discrimination related to education, HIV, housing or general civil rights
- Wills and Estates—power of attorney, probate, guardianship, estate planning
- Criminal—victim’s assistance, general criminal issues
- Youth and Education—school issues including suspension, expulsion, truancy, enrollment and special education, emancipation
- Other Issues—driver’s license restoration, sealing or vacating criminal records, vehicle impoundment, mediation, identification, licensing and permits
Days of the Week
Languages other than English
- Interpreter services
King County residents.
Call for more information.
|King County 2-1-1||(206) 461-3200|
|King County 2-1-1 Toll-free||(800) 621-4636|