Social Security Administration - Walla Walla
880 NE Rose St, College Place, WA, 99324
Distance: 2112 Miles
Contact Hours: M Tu Th F, 9am-4pm; W, 9am-noon.
Provides monthly cash payments for people age 62 and older who are fully insured. Benefit amounts depend upon wages earned and the number of quarters of coverage credited to the individual's Social Security.
Handles requests for Social Security numbers, claims, etc.
Also handles late Social Security check inquiries.
Clients should wait until the 6th of each month to receive a check; check renewal takes an average of two to three weeks.
This program is based on taxes paid into the Social Security system by workers.
Taxes pay for Social Security benefits and for part of Medicare coverage.
Provides replacement Social Security cards.
Days of the Week
Social Security retirement benefits are paid to adults, ages 62 and older, who have worked long enough to be eligible for coverage.
Workers may retire at age 62 and receive a reduced benefit or may wait until age 65 and receive a full benefit.
Certain family members may be eligible to receive monthly benefits of a deceased worker, including:
- A widow or widower age 60 or older (age 50 or older if disabled)
- A widow or widower at any age who is caring for the deceased's child under age 16 or disabled
- An unmarried child of the deceased who is younger than age 18 or developmentally - disabled
- An unmarried child of the deceased who is younger than age 18 or developmentally disabled
- Parents age 62 or older who were dependent on the deceased for at least half of their support
Complete a retirement application online or at a field office
Apply for a replacement Social Security card online or at a field office.
To access the online services, users must create an account on the Social Security website.
Certain documents may be required for a retirement application such as
- Social Security number
- Birth certificate or marriage certificate (if applying on spouse's record)
- Blank check is required for deposit number in order to set up direct deposit
M Tu Th F, 9am-4pm; W, 9am-noon.
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
This provider does not offer other services at this location.
The following services may be helpful:
Social Security, 636 120th Ave NE, Suite 100, Bellevue, WA, 98005
Social Security, 915 2nd Ave, Suite 901, Seattle, WA, 98174
(800) 772-1213 Website
Social Security, 321 Ramsay Way, Suite 401, Kent, WA, 98032